20 April, 2014

Liebster Award!


Hi guys! The purpose of this award is to support new bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 'Liebster' means 'nicest, dearest, or sweetest' (etc.) in German. The award is a great way to spread the word about awesome up-and-coming bloggers!

RULES FOR ACCEPTING THE AWARD:

  • link back to the blog that nominated you
  • answer the questions they asked on their post
  • nominate ten other blogs for the award and make sure to let them know (with a link to your post)
  • ask ten questions for the blogs you nominate to answer
  • share some random facts about yourself

HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS I GET TO ANSWER:
  1. When and why did you start blogging?

    I started blogging in August of 2013. I decided I needed something more to make me stand out from the rest of the librarian pool out there. Thankfully it's seemed to work.
  2. What is your favorite color?

    I'd definitely have to say blue.
  3. What's your favorite type of book?

    Historical Fiction seems to be a genre I enjoy a lot, I also really love science fiction and High Fantasy too. Though to be honest, if the book hooks me within the first 100 pages, I'm going to probably be sold on it.
  4. What is your favorite city?

    Mmm, Vienna was really pretty and I loved Salzburg. I wish I could go back to either of those.
  5. What desserts do you like?

    Things involving fruits or marshmallows. Pies. Cakes. Anything sweet is nice as long as there's no coconut involved.
  6. Reading or/and writing?

    Both please! 
  7. Any hobbies besides reading?

    I enjoy drawing, writing, sewing, cooking, gaming... there's a whole plethora of things I enjoy doing!
  8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

    I really love the way I am, but I would change my motivational drive a bit.
  9. If you could live forever, would you- and why?

    Mmm, that's a tough call. It'd be tempting, but then you get into the fact that everyone you love is eventually going to die, and when people start realizing that you're not aging and they are, you have to move on. It also raises the question of whether or not you have unlimited funds as I'm sure at some point you'd have to change your name a fair number of times so people stop realizing how old you actually are. So, I guess I don't have a good answer for this since I'm going to be philosophical about it.
  10. How many books are on your to-be-read shelf?

    805? And that's not counting all of the ones that I have in my own collection that just haven't made it on there yet.
Random Facts about Me:
  • I have one cat and she's a handful. I spoil her a lot and buy her things she probably doesn't need like stuffed ducks and lots of treats. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world though.
  • I work as a Children's and Young Adult librarian in a public library. 
  • I have so much tea that it almost takes up one entire shelf in my cupboard/pantry space. 
  • I love animated films, especially Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks. 
  • Starting in the middle of series really bothers me. I've actually purchased copies of the first books in series before just to read them before I read the other novels for book tours. 
  • Rise of the Guardians is one of my favorite movies right alongside Brave and Beauty and the Beast.
MY NOMINEES:

QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
  1. When and why did you start blogging?
  2. What's your favorite book?
  3. What's recently been read on your bookshelf?
  4. Do you have a favorite book to movie translation?
  5. Has blogging helped you in your professional career?
  6. Favorite season?
  7. Favorite Literary Character?
  8. Favorite Genre?
  9. Name a favorite Literary Villain.
  10. Any pets?
That's it! Congrats to those who I nominated, and read the rules before posting! (and also post the link to your answers on my blog so I can see them!)

2 comments:

  1. I have an amazing kitty too! And I LOVE Beauty and the Beast (: I also surprisingly have a thing for historical fiction, but I'll read anything...

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination! I love Pixar movies and Beauty and the Beast as well. :) I hope you have a great week!

    ~Pam @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete